Thursday, August 9, 2012

Working on....it.

Eviana slept in. Her feet curled into the sheets and the warm air hit her nose. She was awake, and slid to her side of the bed....glaring at the sunlight seeping through the dark curtains. She opens them quickly, to access her neccesecties, shorts, white t shirt, boots, hair band. Gathering herself she stubbles through the kitchen. White walls and blue and black curtains lean against the large window. The table neatly set, a cool untamed piece of wood Evan sanded down a year ago. A little vase, holding only three flowers. A small hydragea, two lilies. They looked so perfect.

Eviana: Why didn't you wake me?
Evan: You seemed to need the sleep.
Eviana: Are you kidding? I slept plenty. I see you cut the flowers?
Evan: They were perfect in the morning light, I had to. I didn't think you would mind. I thought you'd like a suprise
Eviana: You know this is my thing right? One of the reasons I get up as early as I do?
Evan: Well now it is, I mean...Of course.. of course.
(Silence)
Eviana: You seem to like it, why don't you do this once a month or something?
Evan: How would I know?
Eviana: I guess don't wake me once a month.
Evan: But if you wake up you'll be upset either way, never knowing when I would do this.
Eviana: Okay, the third week.
Evan: All week? You'll be upset
Eviana: Its fine.

Evan had been closing the dark blue and black sheets in the bedroom once a month for a year

No comments:

Post a Comment