Burned by his car
but it goes unnoticed
he's a traveler
sleep on his back
Mandolin in hand
He sees us all the same
livers, not dreamers he tells
me
Another shot goes down
AND THE FUTURE IS UNCLEAR
there's a familiar sound
singing in my ears
So I follow his lead
learn his ways,
See the land, keep the rich
pass the days
So drenched from the sun
my feet lose their moment
the hurt
I tell him I can't go any further
its not meant for mr
He smiled quietly,
Laughed his smile
and went away
I never heard him again
until I opened the paper
and found his death
He was like me, from my
town, A gentle creature
with so many experiences
no one would know.
I went to his memory
told stories no one would
Now, tears of joy and
pain combined in sweet
smiles
He was here, there and away too.
Monday, October 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment